Orca3D Level 2, comprises:
- Hull Design & Fairing module
- Hydrostatics & Stability module
- Parametric Speed/Power Analysis module
- Weight/Cost Tracking module
Note: A network version is also available, please call for pricing and details
Hull Design & Fairing
In Orca3D, the hull is created as a NURBS surface. While Rhino provides many important surface creation and editing tools, Orca3D adds capabilities that are specific to hull design, such as:
- Hull Assistants, for instantly creating hulls according to a range of input dimensional and shape parameters
- Easy definition of the sections to be displayed on your hull surface; stations, buttocks, waterlines, and other planar curves. The user may specify the color of these sections, together with the layers upon which they should be placed.
- Real-time update of the sections as the hull surface is modified
- Real-time update of the hydrostatics as the hull surface is modified
- Control over the shape of the forefoot of the hull, ensuring a curvature-continuous transition from the stem to the bottom
- Easy positioning of the surface's control vertices, either interactively, or via Orca3D's vertex control dialog
Any type of hull and hull feature may be modeled. Hulls may be created as a single surface, or when appropriate, multiple surfaces. Tools like blending, trimming, and filleting provide tremendous capability and flexibility.
For more information, please watch the Hull Assistant video below:
Hydrostatics & Stability
Orca3D computes intact hydrostatics at one or more waterlines, or multiple displacement/center of gravity combinations. In addition, at each of these conditions, the righting arm curve may be computed. Computed values include:
- Overall and waterplane dimensions
- Integrated values: volume, displacement, center of buoyancy, wetted surface
- Waterplane properties: waterplane area, center of flotation
- Maximum sectional area data
- Hull form coefficients: block, prismatic, vertical prismatic, max section, waterplane, wetted surface
- Stability parameters: transverse and longitudinal inertias and metacentric heights
- Righting Arm Curve: righting arm and trim angle versus heel, height of any points of interest above the flotation plane
For more information, please watch the Hydrostatics video below:
Parametric Speed & Power
€œHow fast will it go?€� The Orca3D Parametric Speed/Power Analysis module has two different prediction methods: the Savitsky method to predict the speed/power curve for chine hulls, and the Holtrop method to predict the speed/power for displacement hulls.
Most of the required input parameters are automatically computed from your model, although the user can input or override the values. Results are quickly generated and professionally formatted, and include checks to ensure the validity of the results. Any parameters that are outside of the ranges of the prediction method are flagged.
The results of the analysis are presented in easy-to-read reports, which include a summary of input data, checks of the parameters of your design versus the limits of the analysis method, and performance data versus speed. Plots of various parameters are also included, and the entire report may be printed or exported to Microsoft Excel or PDF.
Weight/Cost Tracking module
The success of any design hinges on its weight and center of gravity (CG). These parameters are fundamental to stability, speed, payload capacity, seakeeping performance, etc. Weight and CG tracking therefore must be a fundamental part of any design process.
Cost is another critical factor in the success of a design, and good engineering practice calls for cost considerations to be closely tied to the design process.
Orca3D's Weight/Cost Tracking module adds value to your Rhino model by assigning weight and cost parameters to the objects in the model, and summarizing and presenting the data.
For more information on Orca3D's Weight/Cost Tracking module, please watch thew following video:
We Also Recommend
Scan&Solve 2014 for Rhino Educational License
AUD $ 463.33 + GST
NZD $ 478.35 + GST
Scan&Solve 2014 for Rhino Commercial License
AUD $ 1,562.75 + GST
NZD $ 1,613.43 + GST
Bongo 2.0 for Windows Upgrade Educational Single User [B20U-E]
AUD $ 149.21 + GST
NZD $ 154.05 + GST