|New in Rhino 8|
The ShrinkWrap command creates a mesh wrapping around the selected geometry including NURBS surfaces, SubDs, meshes, pointclouds, and point objects.
- Vertex colors of meshes and display colors of points in pointclouds are added to the ShrinkWrap mesh as vertex colors.
The ShrinkWrap command is ideal for creating:
- Meshes for 3D printing.
- A solid mesh from the union of multiple input objects.
- A solid mesh from 3D scan data fragments.
- Meshes without internal self intersections.
- Offset meshes for shell operations.
- Reverse engineering workflow.
- Point cloud meshes.
- Valid closed meshes from broken or often hard to repair geometry.